Saturday, August 15, 2009

Time sure flys by...
I'm sitting on the cushy couch in our new place in Sherbrooke, Quebec thinking back on a crazy year. Sometimes it is hard to imagine how I got to this point in my life. Not only am I living in a French speaking city attempting to learn a new language, I'm also on the virge of motherhood. Only 6 weeks away and we get to meet our little girl (name to be revealed when she arrives.. i know, i know... but some of us love surprises).

The pregnancy has gone well; everything has been "normal." Unfortunately the word normal does not always mean easy. From months of sickness to aches and pains where you never knew existed and shouldn't be mentioned to the huge lack of sleep? But that's the part of pregnancy that you deal with and think ahead to the end result... right? Apparently I starting to look Big as a few people around town ask me in French , pointing to my belly if there is 1 or 2. I just smile and put up 1 finger as I sigh relief. All this being said... I am looking forward to being a mom to this precious little one.. she will be so worth it!

One thing is for sure, it is in these times of sleepless nights and unfamiliar places that you look up the most, where your faith takes you to places you never thought they would. Maybe that is why I brought along the wooden "FAITH" carving that is directly in front of me on the book shelf. It is always good to be reminded how I got to this point in my life. God is good: He never leaves you... a great promise to hold on to.

maybe I'll actually write more on this, but no promises...

all my love,

Joy

No comments: