Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Go Team.



Time keeps on going, and we keep working hard to find churches and individuals to support our ministry. We are racking up the minutes calling and following up. The bad new is we have had 3 churches say a polite "no thanks." The good news is that we have had a good response from 3 as well. ( 1 of which was are speaking at a few weeks. ) We just ask for continued prayer that God will nudge other churches to get involved.
Some days are tiring but the good thing is both Chris and I are goal-oriented.
GO TEAM KONOP!

As for other things we are up to: well, Chris took a look under the hood of the cars and realized some minor work needs to be done, so our "day off" will most likely be spend fixing them; well chris will be fixing and I will be watching.


As you saw on Chris' blog we also were able to go on a lovely hike which ended up being very long, but beautiful. We both were sore the following day.. we must be out of shape.
At one point Chris stopped to take a picture. He sat at the edge of the waterfall pointing the camera over the side to get a perfect picture. Well, it made me nervous and I was getting tired so I decided to take short break on the log.

Last week I was able to attend a women's dinner out
with ladies from church. It was encouraging to here a
testimony of how one woman saw God's faithfulness in her life even though there were many tragedies and mistakes. During that night one of the women talked to me and found out that I wasn't going to go to the retreat and insisted I go offering to pay for it... so it looks like I will be skipping away for a couple of nights in a couples weeks.

In Chris spare time he has also been trying to solve a rubix cube (he found it at the reunion)... he has been sitting here for a while twisting and turning it with no luck. After while he throws it down and then later he can't resist the temptation again. He is persistant!

The rest of our time is spent reading or watching the discover channel these day finding out about what Bear Griles newest adventures are and what the dirty job is today.

I hope this gives you a quick update on our lives.

in love,
Joy

1 comment:

Chris said...

I like reading your blogs--they're fun!